Wednesday, September 30, 2009

6 months

So this last saturday, I made it to 24 weeks. So I'm officially 6 months pregnant. Too bad there are many months left to go. I've read in books and magazines that I'm supposed to have my energy back by now. I am convinced however, that my energy is gone forever. I want to get more stuff done between home and work, but I just can't seem to. Good thing there is Adam. He's gotten the basement done so we moved to the office down there and then for Lily's room he cleaned the carpet, painted the room (it's baby violet, super pretty), and put up new blinds. I cleaned out the closet and bought some drawers for her clothes. Adam's parents bought Lily's crib for us and we were able to pick it up in Portage rather than having to bring it home from Toledo. So, we have that put together, that was quite an adventure but I'm glad it's something that we did together.
Adam bought some shelves he's going to paint and decorate for her and I decorated some wood letters to spell out Lilys room to put on her door.
The border that matches the bedding set we want I was able to find for a good price, so I got that now I just need to hope that we actually get the bedding set before it isn't available anymore because it is being discontinued. Anyway, things are really coming along for her room.
We're going to be taking some childbirth and parenting classes. Some people think it's stupid for us to want to take the classes we're going to take, but we're excited. We're taking the classes through the hospital where Lily will be born. We're taking basic prenatal, baby basics, successful breastfeeding and Adam is going to daddy boot camp. I can't wait. Every new thing we do makes it all seem so much closer. I'm not a very patient person. The excitement may be too much for me to handle.
On a another fun note, October means baby showers. I'm excited to see family, friends and celebrate my joy of Lily coming with all of them. I wish time would go by a little faster. October also means 2 more of my favorite things: halloween and vacation. Unfortunately it's my last vacation of the year, but I just have to remember that my next vacation also includes maternity leave. So in January, I will be off at least 9 weeks with pay and then I get extra vacation next year because it's my fifth year as a manager. That is also very exciting.
So that's my update for now. We'll see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment